Stuff I Love

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Random

Just sitting here with my girls watching Parent Trap. When we watch movies they make it into an event. They bring out the sleeping bags, popcorn and have me make frappes. This all started years ago when hubby left for a week, and Emma and I watched Life Size with all the above fixins. So I am realizing how important this little event is to them and that memories are in the making.

We just booked our 1st 2006 camping trip. My sister, who has never camped, will be here, and her husband is coming in from Alaska to join us for the weekend! I can't wait to cook!

Wanna know how busy the next 6 weeks are going to be? Getting ready for company, yippee! 2 birthday parties, 1 block party, 1 camping trip...completely exhausted afterwards, but.....Priceless!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger AMY said…

    How fun to have special rituals with the kiddos. There are things we do with J and Em that we had no idea was so important to them. Em tends to log a special event in her mind and then automatically makes it a family tradition. She keeps us on our toes.

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Liz said…

    Traditions are something they will always remember and possibly carry on to their children. I know I have. And they certainly are priceless.
    Take care of Krista camping. I didn't realize she was going to be in a tent! Ha Ha Ha Take pictures too! Last night she was trying to figure out what to wear on her feet in the campground showers...the shoes had to have lift, because she is short. This is what SHE said!! Oh - I can't wait to hear all about it. We may have put a little fear into her about the bears....hee hee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home