Stuff I Love

Sunday, July 23, 2006

just a little pondering

So today ended the 3rd week of VBS that the girls have gone through. They have quite the circuit out here, but anyways, we went to the church that hosted last week's VBS for a finale. It was very cute to see them up on stage singing so proud the songs that touched their hearts over the week.
But what else was very impressive was the fact that this modestly sized church had just come together to do an Extreme Home Makeover for a single Mom of 3. They showed the whole thing just like ABC would. It wasn't as extreme as ABC and Sears wasn't advertised every 10 minutes, but it was still very impressive that all of these people came together and rejoiced in helping someone in need.
Did I learn anything from it? Did I get convicted to broaden my horizons and seek out others in need? Do I still want to open up a bed and breakfast for the homeless?
I am still pondering it all. After going through Purpose Driven Life a few years ago I came away with my little Mission Field is right here at home, and it has taken from then to now to slow down and actually put that into play.
I guess it is all in the different seasons that we go through and mine needs to stay focused because even though all the other stuff is great with great meaning and all, I just can't go there because of my one shot at this family that God entrusted to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger michelle said…

    I so understand that conflict! Half my heart is saying "go change the world!" and the other half is saying "go change a life...your kids'...by loving and investing in them". Added to that is knowing that often times my "volunteering" for things means someone else has to "volunteer" and watch my kids...and getting one for the price of two doesn't make much sense. So maybe like 10 years from now you can open that B&B...I'll donate my fontology services...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home