I love my husband but I gotta poke fun at him......
So last night I was at a restaurant with my kids. The hostess came up to me 3/4 way through our meal and said that my car was leaking gas. I checked it out...yup gas. And my husband was out of town with the keys to his car. Anyways, I called AAA and his counterpart and finally got the car towed. Had to use his friend's car. And I was worried about the leaked gas. Plus, kinda upset because I have been complaining of a gas smell for awhile. I searched the house for a spare key, "It's there!" Pete said. This morning all I could focus on was getting his friend's car back to him so his wife would not be stranded. I thought we'd have to get a key made, but all the car info was locked inside his car, and remember I couldn't find the spare. Sooooo the only thing that Onstar has been good for: they unlocked his car, and I was getting the info I needed out of the console when voila! a spare key! All this with kids.
So the rest of the day went fine and normal.
Fast forward to tonight when I was talking to Pete who is in a hotel, has had catered food, a good night's sleep, conversations and meetings without kids.
"I gotta go to bed early, I have a cough"
So the rest of the day went fine and normal.
Fast forward to tonight when I was talking to Pete who is in a hotel, has had catered food, a good night's sleep, conversations and meetings without kids.
"I gotta go to bed early, I have a cough"


2 Comments:
At 8:53 AM,
StephieAnne said…
Too funny, Hollie - sorry you had to endure such a stressful day - but, it makes for a great story!
At 9:29 AM,
LiteraryGirl said…
I soooo relate. I remember a month into my single parent adventure when Aaron was on a business trip. I was on day 6 of NO help, solo parenting, and I was trying really hard to be positive and not complain. I called him and with enthusiasm asked how his day was, where they WENT OUT TO DINNER, what he had been doing. He had just gotten out of the hot tub, had a very nice dinner out and was about to settle in to watch a movie...I had to get off the phone.
Post a Comment
<< Home