What A Whirlwind of a Summer!
This may seem rather boring to readers, but I need to "write" what we did over the Summer so that I don't forget.
The Summer started out on the last day of school when the kids and I ventured out to a movie-thon. We filled up on popcorn and Over the Hedge and Cars.
The following week the girls took part in a fun Jerusalem Marketplace themed Vacation Bible School.
Another VBS
Then the Relay For Life and off to Maine for 3 weeks.
In Maine we had lobster, saw family, and got most of the cousins together for a day at the Coast to play at Cedarworks and walk a rocky mile out to the Lighthouse.
After getting home from Maine the girls had, yes, another VBS (they have quite the circuit of them here)
We went to the pool almost daily, and I got introduced to their lovely Strawberry Daquiris.
And two weeks after that my sister and children arrived. Two and a half weeks of parties: M's b'day, a Block Party given to us by Dreyers Ice Cream, and Em's b'day party.
We ate out, swam until a pipe broke in the pool, put kids to bed early, let kids stay up late. Introduced Suite Life of Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana to them: got Mia hooked....
We camped and may I say that Krista was quite the Happy Camper. She was great at camping; you'd never know it was her first time, and she fell in love with the experience just like we did two Summers ago. She is even on board to meet and camp in Disney World sometime next year....now to convince the husbands. It was great seeing John boy for the weekend; he was on leave from the reserves.
The for the next couple of days we recuperated. It was a great time having them here. We miss you already!
So, it was a very busy Summer-not much down time.
Now time to rev up for school. So glad that I do not have the pressure of ordering curriculum, making lesson plans etc.
I am going to teach Sunday School to 2nd/3rd graders, help out with Awana and be part of the PTA. All a far cry from my Jr. League days, huh? But this is the season I am in, I guess. I am looking forward to this coming year and all the blessings it will bring.
The Summer started out on the last day of school when the kids and I ventured out to a movie-thon. We filled up on popcorn and Over the Hedge and Cars.
The following week the girls took part in a fun Jerusalem Marketplace themed Vacation Bible School.
Another VBS
Then the Relay For Life and off to Maine for 3 weeks.
In Maine we had lobster, saw family, and got most of the cousins together for a day at the Coast to play at Cedarworks and walk a rocky mile out to the Lighthouse.
After getting home from Maine the girls had, yes, another VBS (they have quite the circuit of them here)
We went to the pool almost daily, and I got introduced to their lovely Strawberry Daquiris.
And two weeks after that my sister and children arrived. Two and a half weeks of parties: M's b'day, a Block Party given to us by Dreyers Ice Cream, and Em's b'day party.
We ate out, swam until a pipe broke in the pool, put kids to bed early, let kids stay up late. Introduced Suite Life of Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana to them: got Mia hooked....
We camped and may I say that Krista was quite the Happy Camper. She was great at camping; you'd never know it was her first time, and she fell in love with the experience just like we did two Summers ago. She is even on board to meet and camp in Disney World sometime next year....now to convince the husbands. It was great seeing John boy for the weekend; he was on leave from the reserves.
The for the next couple of days we recuperated. It was a great time having them here. We miss you already!
So, it was a very busy Summer-not much down time.
Now time to rev up for school. So glad that I do not have the pressure of ordering curriculum, making lesson plans etc.
I am going to teach Sunday School to 2nd/3rd graders, help out with Awana and be part of the PTA. All a far cry from my Jr. League days, huh? But this is the season I am in, I guess. I am looking forward to this coming year and all the blessings it will bring.


3 Comments:
At 8:40 AM,
Liz said…
FUN FUN FUN!!! I am so glad you got our camper virgin on board! Sounds like your families had a summer to go down in history! And Krista .. welcome to Zach and Cody and Hannah Montana...that is HUGE in this house right now!! Hollie - it was great to meet you this summer in Maine!! Come back soon!! Camping at Disney? HOW FUN!! So glad you guys had such a great summer...good luck with all those adventures this fall. Can't wait to hear about it. (I am doing PTA too!!!)
At 11:12 AM,
HollieHobbie said…
I forgot to mention the girlie day we had (sorry Max and Espen). On the day of Em's b'day party we took the girls to the mall. For the third time and $50 Em decided she wanted her ears pierced. Auntie Kitta, Mia and Mommy, all three of us bribed her. She went through with it! Then li'l sis decided it was her turn; she went through with it too! Yea!
And after the party (driv-in restaurant and bowling) we went home for manicures, pedicures and facial masks along with a little karaoke. It was a fun evening for all even the mommies who had to do all the work.
At 11:15 AM,
HollieHobbie said…
Liz, how great to have met you and all your fellow galpals! It's been great getting to know you even more by way of blogging. And to have a face with a name when Krista talks about you all's crazy antics. Yup, she is broken into camping so will gladly join you guys in your wildreness adventures. But she won't invite herself, so noone will call her Stacy......
Post a Comment
<< Home