Matthew Mead
I wanna give a shout-out to a very talented man who I just discovered via my cousin. My cousin, Gregg, grew up with Matthew Mead, so via Gregg, to his Mom, to my Mom, to me, I checked this guy out. And now I am hooked. First of all I purchased, and tried to memorize, a magazine he put out a few years ago. And now walking into Costco I see Matthew Mead has a Halloween book out! Yay!
I am not going to put Halloween over Christmas. I am not going to start worshipping this pagan holiday. I am not going to send my kids to the dark side. But I am going to embrace and decorate for a season that I often overlooked as the "thing that gets in the way of Christmas".
So it is not just about Fall, Autumn, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, but about enjoying it all.
Anyways, walking in Costco....and I see a book "Halloween: Tricks and Treats". (oh and I am trying to plan a Halloween party for the girls) Then I look closer and it is by Matthew Mead. I gotta have it. I thumb through it. If you are planning on doing the said type of party for kids or just need to decorate a bit more for the all-Hallowed, I recommend his book. He is very creative. I feel he is a cross between Family Fun and Martha Stewart. The simplicity of Family Fun with the elegance of Martha Stewart.
And he has another book, I noticed, coming out in October called Entertaining Simple.
Can you tell I am excited?
I am not going to put Halloween over Christmas. I am not going to start worshipping this pagan holiday. I am not going to send my kids to the dark side. But I am going to embrace and decorate for a season that I often overlooked as the "thing that gets in the way of Christmas".
So it is not just about Fall, Autumn, Halloween, or Thanksgiving, but about enjoying it all.
Anyways, walking in Costco....and I see a book "Halloween: Tricks and Treats". (oh and I am trying to plan a Halloween party for the girls) Then I look closer and it is by Matthew Mead. I gotta have it. I thumb through it. If you are planning on doing the said type of party for kids or just need to decorate a bit more for the all-Hallowed, I recommend his book. He is very creative. I feel he is a cross between Family Fun and Martha Stewart. The simplicity of Family Fun with the elegance of Martha Stewart.
And he has another book, I noticed, coming out in October called Entertaining Simple.
Can you tell I am excited?


2 Comments:
At 8:17 AM,
Growin' With It said…
i lost out on the crafty gift when they got handed out! so i'm thinkin' you need to post some pictures of your adventures with "mr. mead"! sounds fun!
At 6:27 PM,
StephieAnne said…
Sounds great! I will be checking it out!
Post a Comment
<< Home