How old do you think I am?
So a few weeks ago I was out with Pete, my sister and a couple of friends. Debbi looked at Krista and said "what are you like 12?" Krista said "No, 30" (to be 31 on Monday! Happy B'day, KJ) Rick and Debbie both looked at me and said "What? Then how old are you???" I said "37" They were in disbelief and Rick said that he had been thinking that Pete was a cradle robber etc. So I look young.....
.....or so I thought....
Fast forward to today when at a parade an older than me lady, who was there with a 5ish year old, I assumed was her granddaughter, said to me "are these your grandchildren?" I just said "no my children" then I turned away and didn't know if I was going to cry or laugh....I so wanted to bust out laughing actually. Come to find out after she took her foot out of her mouth, the 5 year old was her GREAT granddaughter.
Lemme tell you about procreating around here: it is done young! The gals get their hot little bods back real quick but it sure does make it tough for this outsider to know if Em&M's friends are with their parents or grandparents. Oh because grandparents take a big role with the kids here by either being their childcare provider during the days or just simply being with them alot.
Anyways, no I wasn't at the parade with my grandchildren, but it does make me think that I can't have it both ways am I young looking or old looking. (not a question to be answered, just rhetorical)
Hey, but you guys can answer: have you ever been the receiver of someone putting their foot in their mouth or have you totally screwed up and put your size 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or in my and Steph's case 10 in your mouth?
.....or so I thought....
Fast forward to today when at a parade an older than me lady, who was there with a 5ish year old, I assumed was her granddaughter, said to me "are these your grandchildren?" I just said "no my children" then I turned away and didn't know if I was going to cry or laugh....I so wanted to bust out laughing actually. Come to find out after she took her foot out of her mouth, the 5 year old was her GREAT granddaughter.
Lemme tell you about procreating around here: it is done young! The gals get their hot little bods back real quick but it sure does make it tough for this outsider to know if Em&M's friends are with their parents or grandparents. Oh because grandparents take a big role with the kids here by either being their childcare provider during the days or just simply being with them alot.
Anyways, no I wasn't at the parade with my grandchildren, but it does make me think that I can't have it both ways am I young looking or old looking. (not a question to be answered, just rhetorical)
Hey, but you guys can answer: have you ever been the receiver of someone putting their foot in their mouth or have you totally screwed up and put your size 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or in my and Steph's case 10 in your mouth?


6 Comments:
At 9:56 AM,
StephieAnne said…
yes, when I was actually at one of my lowest weights, an acquaintance asked me when I was expecting. It didn't offend me because I was ok with my weight at the time, but I absolutely knew I needed to ditch the baby blue tunic that looked maternity. The gal felt horrible, she called me and apologized for 30 minutes....
At 4:51 PM,
LiteraryGirl said…
I am a size 10, too, missy.
So I was at Burch's a few weeks ago enjoying the attention of this older sales guy, and by enjoying attention I mean that never in my years of shopping at Payless Shoes has anyone measured my foot, gone to get me the shoes I want to try, and bring others that I might also like. So I tried on the ones I wanted and said, "I'll take them! Happy Birthday to me!" And he said, "Thirty?" To which I replied, shocked, "Yes, how did you know?" He said something about a lucky guess and I said, "You know, you should always shoot low when guessing a woman's age" and he replied, "I thought I was."
THANKS A LOT!
At 7:03 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
Who else out there is a 10 besides me, Steph, Jodi and Bo Derek?
Steph, those babydoll shirts are deceiving. I had someone ask me when those zoot suits were in if I was pregnant.
And, Jodster, how in the world did that one get covered up? like when he said "I thought I was", what did you say? Some people are such boneheads!
At 11:25 AM,
Liz said…
Are you kidding I am the queen of talking when I obviously shouldn't. Ask your sister...it's not pretty. Than I panic and dig deeper and deeper.
Size 10, serioulsy? How is that possible? I am 5'10" with an 8 1/2 shoe. You must be a fast swimmer!!!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. KIDDING!! See it is that humor that gets me in BIG trouble. :)
At 2:16 PM,
michelle said…
So I was really surprised to learn you're as old as you are...most "over-35"-year-olds I know are already kind of fuddy-duddy. But then a lot of people here could be classified as such. Thanks for coloring your hair and making it stick up and laughing a lot and being fun and teasing, making fun of, and flashing people...it gives me hope that maybe I'll be cool too when I grow up. (Hee, hee...that'd be a foot-in-mouth if it weren't an intentional teasing...)
At 10:39 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
Michelle, you are cool! You are a cool Mom of almost three. And you've got it all together. If you don't, don't tell me because I like looking at you and how grounded you are and confident in your opinions and beliefs. If I could've only been like that in my 20's......
Liz, haha! the swimming thing. You didn't stick your 8 1/2 in your mouth when I met you! I think a girl down the street from you needs a little talking to from you.
Post a Comment
<< Home