Has it really been that long???
So sorry! I write a little, get you guys interested in my blog, then where in the world do I go? I actually think of alot of posts but either don't get them into words or don't think they are blogworthy. But I didn't know it has been two months since I last posted!
Anyways, excuse #1: our pc has been at the computer doc, so I'd only have Pete's time to time. Excuse #2: we have been away.
Back to excuse #1: one day I prayed, "okay God I feel addicted to this thing, you know like the guy on that commercial who is trying to get to the end of the internet. Anyways, what can you do about it?" So pop-up after pop-up, frustratingly slow computer, etc...all came to a head the next day. And that is why I never pray for patience.
Excuse #2. We went on a two week trip to Disney World. We were there for five days with just our little family, then my parents met up with us, then three days after that one of my sisters and her family met up with us. It really was a trip at the Happiest Place on Earth. We were so amazed at how Espen took to the characters and at times would not let go. He is afraid of Santa and the Easter Bunny, even when they are his Dad in dress-up, and he is whispering in his son's ear "Espen, it is Daddy", but he loved Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Stitch and all the others ( and I have seen pictures of some of these "characters" before the costume).
So we ate our way through Disney as many of you know is my favorite pastime. We went to Cindrella's Royal Table for breakfast one morning; Espen got a kiss from Snow White, and he looked like he was a teenage boy getting a kiss from the prettiest girl in school. The Royal Table was magical for Molly, of course, but even Emma, who before we left had declared that she was not into princesses, found a magic that day with the princesses.
Another highlight was Bob Jackson at the Port Orleans Riverside bar. Pete had gone there one night to see my parents and to watch the game. And he met Bob Jackson. So he took us back to meet Bob. I cannot even describe what an entertainer this man is. The bar opens to the hotel lobby so you cannot miss him. And his shows are very family friendly. We took the kids and met my parents there. We didn't really order anything, and they were okay with that because they know what a show he can put on. He plays the piano, is dressed like a male saloon entertainer, and he sings, getting the audience involved. And he got me involved. He said "girl over there in white...come on up" I do not like being the center of attention at all, but I realized that at Disney everyone acts like a dork no matter if you are waiting in line for Minnie Mouse's autograph or being put on the spot such as I was. So I made the most of it. I stood up front leading the group in clapping (I have no beat) then I led them in a congo line. Then I was Bob's best friend for the rest of the time that we were there. We wanted to take my sister and family back but time didn't allow.
My sister and I planned this trip for nine months and we packed alot of stuff into it because we wanted the cousins to experience so much together and have really cool memories. And what memories they do have! Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique where all four of the girls came out looking like Princesses, Espen's first haircut complete with his first Mickey ears, the Not So Scary Halloween Party...what a way to trick or treat, we crashed a Halloween Party at the Grand Floridian complete with Minnie and Mickey and friends, all of us dressing up alike for the luau, tower of terror, rock and roller coaster, space mountain, test track, all these fast rides that should be scary to little kids but not to Sophia and Molly! or the time that John, Krista, Pete and I went "out" but that included sitting in the bar 25 feet away from the restaurant that my parents had all six kids in. No feuds except maybe tired like struggles within each family, like between siblings. It was a non-relaxing but completely entertaining vacation that we will remember forever and will hopefully repeat in the years to come.
Anyways, excuse #1: our pc has been at the computer doc, so I'd only have Pete's time to time. Excuse #2: we have been away.
Back to excuse #1: one day I prayed, "okay God I feel addicted to this thing, you know like the guy on that commercial who is trying to get to the end of the internet. Anyways, what can you do about it?" So pop-up after pop-up, frustratingly slow computer, etc...all came to a head the next day. And that is why I never pray for patience.
Excuse #2. We went on a two week trip to Disney World. We were there for five days with just our little family, then my parents met up with us, then three days after that one of my sisters and her family met up with us. It really was a trip at the Happiest Place on Earth. We were so amazed at how Espen took to the characters and at times would not let go. He is afraid of Santa and the Easter Bunny, even when they are his Dad in dress-up, and he is whispering in his son's ear "Espen, it is Daddy", but he loved Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Stitch and all the others ( and I have seen pictures of some of these "characters" before the costume).
So we ate our way through Disney as many of you know is my favorite pastime. We went to Cindrella's Royal Table for breakfast one morning; Espen got a kiss from Snow White, and he looked like he was a teenage boy getting a kiss from the prettiest girl in school. The Royal Table was magical for Molly, of course, but even Emma, who before we left had declared that she was not into princesses, found a magic that day with the princesses.
Another highlight was Bob Jackson at the Port Orleans Riverside bar. Pete had gone there one night to see my parents and to watch the game. And he met Bob Jackson. So he took us back to meet Bob. I cannot even describe what an entertainer this man is. The bar opens to the hotel lobby so you cannot miss him. And his shows are very family friendly. We took the kids and met my parents there. We didn't really order anything, and they were okay with that because they know what a show he can put on. He plays the piano, is dressed like a male saloon entertainer, and he sings, getting the audience involved. And he got me involved. He said "girl over there in white...come on up" I do not like being the center of attention at all, but I realized that at Disney everyone acts like a dork no matter if you are waiting in line for Minnie Mouse's autograph or being put on the spot such as I was. So I made the most of it. I stood up front leading the group in clapping (I have no beat) then I led them in a congo line. Then I was Bob's best friend for the rest of the time that we were there. We wanted to take my sister and family back but time didn't allow.
My sister and I planned this trip for nine months and we packed alot of stuff into it because we wanted the cousins to experience so much together and have really cool memories. And what memories they do have! Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique where all four of the girls came out looking like Princesses, Espen's first haircut complete with his first Mickey ears, the Not So Scary Halloween Party...what a way to trick or treat, we crashed a Halloween Party at the Grand Floridian complete with Minnie and Mickey and friends, all of us dressing up alike for the luau, tower of terror, rock and roller coaster, space mountain, test track, all these fast rides that should be scary to little kids but not to Sophia and Molly! or the time that John, Krista, Pete and I went "out" but that included sitting in the bar 25 feet away from the restaurant that my parents had all six kids in. No feuds except maybe tired like struggles within each family, like between siblings. It was a non-relaxing but completely entertaining vacation that we will remember forever and will hopefully repeat in the years to come.


3 Comments:
At 10:31 AM,
LiteraryGirl said…
Welcome back!
At 1:58 PM,
kristacomis said…
Hollie, that was absolutely one of the best vacations ever! Thank you for all your effort-reading this blog just made me giggle a little more-and miss you all that much more! Love you
At 2:44 PM,
StephieAnne said…
Awesome Hollie! I am so glad you guys had such a tremendous time - it sounds like exactly the kind of trip our family would love as well - YEAHHHHH!
Post a Comment
<< Home