Stuff I Love

Monday, July 30, 2007

I love funny conversations that still make me laugh

Two nights ago I had a conversation with my daughter that went something like this. The details are inaccurate, but you will get the gist of the story.

"Mom, when they had went to soccer camp......"
"Had gone, honey"
"What?"
"Emma, it is not they had went to soccer camp; it is they had gone to soccer camp"
"Who?"

While I am at it, I will post a couple of other very funny conversations that I have been a part of.

When we first moved here we were at a restaurant for Easter dinner, and an older but not too older lady walked in, saw me, came to our table and said rather excitedly "Hiiiii!" I said rather excitedly back "Hiiii!"
(remember I know noone here at this time)
Then she said "So when are you leaving?"
I said "I don't know in about 20 minutes"
She said "Is your Mother here?"
I said "No, she is in Maine, she and my Dad were just here though"
She said "I don't think you are who I thought you were"
I said "I don't think so either, but my name is Hollie and we just moved here"

I am still laughing about it.

Another one:

I was on a date at a Thai restaurant about 13 years ago, and the very friendly waitress from Thailand couldn't keep her eyes off me. Finally, in the middle of our meal she said, "You look just like my best friend, Miss Thailand"
Miss Thailand, not Miss Sweden or Miss Somewhere else with people who mainly have blonde hair and blue eyes.......because minus 60 pounds I didn't look too different than what I look like now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home