My Obituary
So in my latest attempt to find myself my sister suggested that I write my obituary, what I want to be remembered for. She actually had this as an exercise in a class she took.
Anyways,.....
......known as a loving mother, a loving wife, compassionate to her parents, sisters, brothers in law, nephews, nieces, friends. A blessing to each and every life she touched.
She was known as a homemaker in every truest sense of the word (yes I plagurized Steph...thanks, Steph!) She filled the room with laughter and brightened a day with her smile.
Her love for God beamed through her eyes and face as she cared for all of those around her.
She was a stealth prayer warrior.
A Proverbs 31 woman to her household and a Titus woman to the younger women coming up in the ranks.
She supported her husband in his career and raised three God fearing, Christ serving children who are making her proud........
This was pretty freeing as I ponder if I want to go back to school to get a degree, go back to work as a cosmetologist or even a barista! But I am realizing that I am where I want to be because this is where God wants me to be. I don't need on my headstone that I discovered a cure for.... or brought back Bin Ladens head on a platter. I am important to God; therefore, what I am doing is important to me.
Hope it wasn't too morbid, but this little exercise is eye opening to see what exactly is priority, I guess.
Anyways,.....
......known as a loving mother, a loving wife, compassionate to her parents, sisters, brothers in law, nephews, nieces, friends. A blessing to each and every life she touched.
She was known as a homemaker in every truest sense of the word (yes I plagurized Steph...thanks, Steph!) She filled the room with laughter and brightened a day with her smile.
Her love for God beamed through her eyes and face as she cared for all of those around her.
She was a stealth prayer warrior.
A Proverbs 31 woman to her household and a Titus woman to the younger women coming up in the ranks.
She supported her husband in his career and raised three God fearing, Christ serving children who are making her proud........
This was pretty freeing as I ponder if I want to go back to school to get a degree, go back to work as a cosmetologist or even a barista! But I am realizing that I am where I want to be because this is where God wants me to be. I don't need on my headstone that I discovered a cure for.... or brought back Bin Ladens head on a platter. I am important to God; therefore, what I am doing is important to me.
Hope it wasn't too morbid, but this little exercise is eye opening to see what exactly is priority, I guess.


1 Comments:
At 5:34 PM,
StephieAnne said…
That's beautiful - and I don't think it's morbid at all. I think it's touching and like you said, a real determiner on what is really important in life.
BTW - Brayden watched "Zach and Cody" this weekend and loved it - he wants to watch it all the time now....
Post a Comment
<< Home