Telemarketers
1. A couple of months ago Pete answered the phone at the same time I did "Hello, may I speak to Mr. Williams?" Pete: "This is" Man on other end "Sir, this is______from Girls Gone Wild" Me: "Yo! Snoop Dog!" Pete was laughing so hard he couldn't even say "I'm not interested"
2. A couple different times we have on our caller ID: "Inmate 360-XXX-XXXX"
3. Last night (NIGHT!) I see "Unknown Name, Unknown Number" and after seeing this a few different times on our caller ID this week, I think "maybe it is Susan". I should know to just let it go to voicemail and she will leave a message because....
"Hello, ma'am, I see that you have a mortgage on your home" Me: "I really don't want to talk about it and especially not at 8:15 on a Friday night!" "Ma'am, Ma'am, just listen to me Ma'am" "No, really, I am going to hang up" "Ma'am, hold on, Ma'am" "I'm busy" Insert Hang up.
Seriously???
2. A couple different times we have on our caller ID: "Inmate 360-XXX-XXXX"
3. Last night (NIGHT!) I see "Unknown Name, Unknown Number" and after seeing this a few different times on our caller ID this week, I think "maybe it is Susan". I should know to just let it go to voicemail and she will leave a message because....
"Hello, ma'am, I see that you have a mortgage on your home" Me: "I really don't want to talk about it and especially not at 8:15 on a Friday night!" "Ma'am, Ma'am, just listen to me Ma'am" "No, really, I am going to hang up" "Ma'am, hold on, Ma'am" "I'm busy" Insert Hang up.
Seriously???


3 Comments:
At 12:45 PM,
StephieAnne said…
I have NO tolerance - I've just gotten more impatient and forceful as time goes on. I feel like I'm being violated of my family time - it's such an intrusion.
At 6:19 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
So, Steph, tell us how you really feel...haha! I echo your sentiments. I usually check the caller ID and let voicemail pick them up, but after awhile I answer and hope to be able to say "I am not interested, please take me off your list" We did just put ourselves on the do not call list, so hopefully that will help the situation.
At 9:36 PM,
michelle said…
We got on the do not call list like the day it came out. That helped a lot. But companies you do business with (bank, credit cards...oh, and the police and firefighters?!?) can still call. And they do.
My aunt would do this thing where she'd pick up on her most recent conversation/thoughts...start asking the person whether they thought she should go with the green curtains or the pink, etc. Until they got annoyed and hung up. Makes the phone call almost fun, but I've always been too chicken to try.
Post a Comment
<< Home