Stuff I Love

Friday, November 30, 2007

Our Christmas Part One

We finally decorated our Christmas Tree. It has been up for almost a week. It is pre-lit (so yes, not a real one) so it looked pretty even without the ornaments, but tonight we finally got out the decorations, put on Christmas music and worked away together decorating the tree. It was rather magical I gotta say. The girls were so excited to get ornaments out, look at them, see which ones are "theirs", and then get them on the tree. They were singing Christmas music, dancing around, and just really being in the Christmas spirit. Even the baby stayed out of our way because he found the Christmas books that only come out at this time, so they interested him more than the tree. Now if we can only keep that going because I realized as we were decorating that we needed to strategically place ornaments: soft ones on the bottom, glass balls on the top.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger StephieAnne said…

    That sounds so cozy and "Norman Rockwell-like" - I thought of you when I was having an attitude about decorating our tree.

    How did you survive the storm that came through?

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger HollieHobbie said…

    "The storm"....crazy weather here! Last week the girls were building snowmen, this week we are heading outside without jackets. I hope we get more snow for Christmas. I really did like it.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger michelle said…

    I love how excited the kids get to put a tree up. But then...how weird is that? Putting up a TREE...in your HOUSE. Which is like putting a swingset or sandbox (because you know they're playing with it just as much as they do those things) in your house. No wonder they/we love it.

    Had to laugh at the glass balls thing -- this year I opted to leave them off entirely. I just didn't want to deal with it at all. Maybe next year. Or maybe in 20.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home