Where I Have Been Lately
...physically, mentally, emotionally.....
So when Jodi said "make this the year of......" I chose "priorities". Because I want to do my Best for God, for my Family, for Myself, for My Friends. I've done the "P" word for a long time, but it has always been Procrastinating! So long story short, I prayed. And God is helping, but Satan sure is also trying to hinder. I cannot believe how Satan has put so much in my way ie: self doubt on homeschooling, forgetfulness, tiredness, and let's not even forget when Josh brought up his shadow person: that set me back a week or two!
This is so jumbled and makes not much sense, but really, that is how it has been lately: jumbled and makes not much sense. But I also laugh along with the crying because I know this is just temporary and Satan is just trying to get me at my vulnerabilities.
So here I go writing lists for my lists then forgetting where I put them, then crying over it (not really, more like just getting frustrated). But I am liking the Season I am in and look forward to the next.
Oh also, I have realized that when I get into my self pity state that so many more have it so much worse. Oh my gosh! Like my new friend whose husband was in Iraq for 18 months, not only what she went through being a single Mom, not much contact with him etc, but what he went through over there. Then another new friend recently told me of her life post divorce: up at 2:30am to get her 1 1/2 and 3 year olds ready so she could be to work by 4:30am, then to another job at 10am until 6pm.
These testimonies put things in perspective for me and truly make me realize that I have absolutely nothing to complain about because my procrastinating is self induced and maybe instead of sitting on the computer, the phone or infront of the TV, I should be taking on that craft project, read that book, or spend more time with my kids.
hmmmmm I'll keep you posted at the progress
So when Jodi said "make this the year of......" I chose "priorities". Because I want to do my Best for God, for my Family, for Myself, for My Friends. I've done the "P" word for a long time, but it has always been Procrastinating! So long story short, I prayed. And God is helping, but Satan sure is also trying to hinder. I cannot believe how Satan has put so much in my way ie: self doubt on homeschooling, forgetfulness, tiredness, and let's not even forget when Josh brought up his shadow person: that set me back a week or two!
This is so jumbled and makes not much sense, but really, that is how it has been lately: jumbled and makes not much sense. But I also laugh along with the crying because I know this is just temporary and Satan is just trying to get me at my vulnerabilities.
So here I go writing lists for my lists then forgetting where I put them, then crying over it (not really, more like just getting frustrated). But I am liking the Season I am in and look forward to the next.
Oh also, I have realized that when I get into my self pity state that so many more have it so much worse. Oh my gosh! Like my new friend whose husband was in Iraq for 18 months, not only what she went through being a single Mom, not much contact with him etc, but what he went through over there. Then another new friend recently told me of her life post divorce: up at 2:30am to get her 1 1/2 and 3 year olds ready so she could be to work by 4:30am, then to another job at 10am until 6pm.
These testimonies put things in perspective for me and truly make me realize that I have absolutely nothing to complain about because my procrastinating is self induced and maybe instead of sitting on the computer, the phone or infront of the TV, I should be taking on that craft project, read that book, or spend more time with my kids.
hmmmmm I'll keep you posted at the progress


2 Comments:
At 9:34 PM,
AMY said…
Hollie- I so appreciate your honesty, but please give yourself a break. You have three kiddos under the age of 7. Your brains shouldn't be available for proper use for atleast two more years.
I do understand how you feel when you are privy to details of other people's lives. I've been rather hormonal lately and little tired from the home school schedule. Therefore, I've been a little on edge, not so slow to anger, and not a very good listener. I, blessedly, did hear the prayer requests at bible study the other night. Here are just a few things we were asked to pray for: a woman who's baby is not likely to live for longer than a few hours after it is born; a brother who has found out he has a rare, painful, and debilitating form of arthritis that also affects the organs; and a niece who is facing an operation that leaves her with only a 50% chance of survival. Sobering, huh?
It is good to keep things in perspective, that we allow the Holy Spirit to move us to action or to fill us with His peace. You are doing great Hollie. Don't give up.
This is what I read in God's Word last night. One of my favorite Vinyard worship songs is based on this Psalm. Psalm 18:1-3 "I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies."
At 8:36 AM,
StephieAnne said…
Hang in there Hollie. Remember that having a baby can really mess with your mind too. My symptoms of Post Partum always set in several months later, so do give yourself some liberties regarding that. I think January has been a hard month on a lot of people - I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home