Pimp My Ride
During one of my insomnia bouts last week, I curised through the TV stations only to have "Pimp My RIde" catch my eye on MTV. I thought "you've got to be kidding......but I am going to check this out anyways" So it started. A guy brought his 1970 +/- Dodge Caravan with wooden panels to a garage where this one guy got as excited as Ty on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. They started talking all this car stuff; I think I got steering wheel out of it. But then they transformed a minivan into an oasis for this college student. It was soooo cool! Made me want to become a mechanic. Just to know that you can actually replace parts on a car just like you replace trim or moulding in your home. Anyways, this guys van was repainted, not just normal painted, but with flames etc, sounds tacky, but for a college student looking to pick up chics it was cool. It also had the backend transformed into a sanctuary better than his dorm room with wireless cable and internet and 2 waterfalls. Plus a chair more comfortable than my couch. I looked at my wagon and thought "hmmm now what can we do here?"
The funny part though was when the guest went to thank the guys who worked on his car. He was so excited he greeted them with hugs. They weren't like Preston or Ty; they were like "okay man, don't overdo it" That part cracked me up! Even though they decorated the interior of his car, they were not in any way "interior decorators".
So along that line: is anyone but me sad that we missed the season of Tommy Lee goes to college? Or has anyone seen it? Does he have another square inch on his body to put his Alma Mater's emblem?
Anyone want to do a reality show with me?
The funny part though was when the guest went to thank the guys who worked on his car. He was so excited he greeted them with hugs. They weren't like Preston or Ty; they were like "okay man, don't overdo it" That part cracked me up! Even though they decorated the interior of his car, they were not in any way "interior decorators".
So along that line: is anyone but me sad that we missed the season of Tommy Lee goes to college? Or has anyone seen it? Does he have another square inch on his body to put his Alma Mater's emblem?
Anyone want to do a reality show with me?


3 Comments:
At 4:39 PM,
StephieAnne said…
John and Travis have had that on our tv a few times - I get kind of annoyed as it's not entirely "cozy" but am impressed at the changes
At 8:26 PM,
LiteraryGirl said…
I once saw a pimp my ride where the guy at the end cried. It was great. A college or high school tough guy crying over his car makeover.
I confessed to Stephanie tonight that I have hit some all time reality tv lows while surfing the tube lately (always dangerous). They include: My Fair Brady, The Girls Next Door. And, the worst all time reality show that is just unbelievable to me but I have seen at least two or three times: My Super Sweet 16. AGH! What is this world coming to, and it's even worse that I actually have knowledge of these shows!
At 10:29 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
but you haven't seen Tommy Lee Goes to College?
Post a Comment
<< Home