Stuff I Love

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I Like Oh My Gawd Just Watched Like Oh My Gawd Mean Girls

and like I automatically like went to like The Revolve Tour website.
That is definitely something I am going to each time it is remotely in our area. And Lori D. here is another topic for our late night weekend conversations! What I found rather sad about the movie though is IT NEVER STOPS! Women are so catty, so manipulative, so competitive, so jealous of each other that we forget to just act like civilized human beings being comfortable with who we are, who God made us. Let me see if I get this quote from the movie correct: "we call her fat to make us feel skinnier, we call her (something) to make ourselves feel (something)" So true! If we feel threatened by another woman or if she has something we want or whatever, man the claws come out, but then we can smile and give her kisses like nothing is wrong. This is after we have either spread an untruth or changed someone else's perspective of her in some way. I can't tell you how many times I have either sadly been a part of this awful behavior or simply witnessed it.
So all that to say I am going to live vicariously through my daughters.....just kidding. I am really going to look at the good in all people and not in a fluffy way but how Jesus may view them because looking at their flaws is like saying "God you didn't do a good enough job on her"

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger LiteraryGirl said…

    MMM, I like that last line. I am studying in James how judging others is like judging God's entire law of Grace and not trusting Him to deal with other people but thinking we need to. CONVICTION.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home