Let the Season begin
So today Pete and I are going to spend a couple of hours Christmas shopping. Yep, right on the couch. PC in lap. Hot cocoa on the table. Credit card in hand. I've done my homework, found some extra percentages off and some free shipping. And I just remembered to do it all through Upromise.com to save money for college.
Stockings are done. Yup. I needed to stay focused or I'd get sidetracked by the Walgreens ads and buy the 50 cent candy that they do not need, just because they are shaped like Santa.
Christmas videos are on and I have requested that if they watch TV to watch a video. I didn't tell them this part but it is to keep them away from the evil (said loosely and tongue in cheek) ads that encourage too much "I want".
Today they are going out to lunch with Daddy and then to make footprint ornaments for Mama. I was going to do it, but they are too expensive for me to justify doing them just because, but with Christmas coming....what a nice gift for me! ;)
And tonight is a movie marathon of Santa Claus 1&2 getting prepared to see #3.
Well, have a fun weekend preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Along with preparing for the Holidays we are preparing for some very important guest too. Gramma and Bapa are coming to visit! Yay! We'll get to share lots of our Christmas experiences with them, not to mention our turkey and pumpkin pie!
Stockings are done. Yup. I needed to stay focused or I'd get sidetracked by the Walgreens ads and buy the 50 cent candy that they do not need, just because they are shaped like Santa.
Christmas videos are on and I have requested that if they watch TV to watch a video. I didn't tell them this part but it is to keep them away from the evil (said loosely and tongue in cheek) ads that encourage too much "I want".
Today they are going out to lunch with Daddy and then to make footprint ornaments for Mama. I was going to do it, but they are too expensive for me to justify doing them just because, but with Christmas coming....what a nice gift for me! ;)
And tonight is a movie marathon of Santa Claus 1&2 getting prepared to see #3.
Well, have a fun weekend preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Along with preparing for the Holidays we are preparing for some very important guest too. Gramma and Bapa are coming to visit! Yay! We'll get to share lots of our Christmas experiences with them, not to mention our turkey and pumpkin pie!


4 Comments:
At 3:13 PM,
StephieAnne said…
Oh, what a cozy day! So much more worthwhile than watching the Ducks get decimated in such a pathetic fashion by Arizona (yes, we came home at halftime....).
Good idea about avoiding the channels with commercials - it is embarassing to hear my kids' exclamations of "I wants" whenever they see these commercials.
Hope your day met your expectations - sounds wonderful to me.
At 9:37 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
Well, there's no hot chocolate or just Pete and me on the couch, but we did get appetizers, sat the kids in front of Santa Claus 1&2, and are Christmas shopping. Of course, Upromise is down for maintenance, but we are getting there.
At 5:05 PM,
AMY said…
What kinds of places are you getting percentages off and free shipping?
At 9:46 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
red envelope. etoys. disney shopping. Amazon.com. toys r us. and Ebay shopping.
Post a Comment
<< Home