Stuff I Love

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Valentines

I read an article about Valentine's Day in a magazine and remembering when we got and gave valentines and how we, as kids, pondered over the "ideas" behind the generic "Be My Valentine" or "UR Sweet" or whatever. I remember only once pondering about a valentine I received.
Last Valentine's Day was very anti-climatic for my girls. We had just gotten back from Florida. I had started this "Cupid" thing a few years prior and well, Cupid never came around on Valentine's Eve (because "she" was not organized enough etc). Yes, you got it: he leaves little gifts, blah, blah, blah....yes, not a great choice of traditions for me to start.
Anyways, many of you know that was a pinacle time and reason for me sending my girls to school....the Valentine's Party. Not quite. But I was thinking at the time "even if I did have enough energy to throw a party, my girls don't really know any kids to invite".
So, back to the recent valentines choosing and penning. I had made crayons for M to give her class, plans to make the cards and all. We were in Walmart to buy candy to put in cute little bags that I was making for E's class; I was bringing out my Valentine's stamps and all.
They found Pixy Stix! And that is what they both wanted. I let my creative dreams go. We got the pixy stix valentines.
They say things like "You are my sweetie" "UR Cute" etc. Oh how sweet it was watching both girls try to pick and choose who would get which one because they didn't want a boy to get the wrong idea. Even M tee-heed when she decided upon "You are my sweetie" for a little boy who she thinks is pretty special.
It was all very cute and priceless. Well worth giving up my idea of valentines to see them get so excited over the ones they chose.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger StephieAnne said…

    Yeah, Pixie stix sounds like so much fun - my kids would have loved to have done that, but now that our school district has adopted their "Wellness Policy" we're prohibited from letting our kids take sugary treats to school - OH BROTHER!!!! How sad, huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home