What is good for the goose really should be good for the gander
I am a big proponent of the "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you". If you treat me one way I expect that I can treat you the same way. But I have had times when I have been confronted by a way that I had treated someone, either directly confronted (I respect) or the passive aggressive confrontation where someone tells someone else knowing that that someone will tell me but "don't tell her" is said, so therefore, I cannot confront the initial complainer, I can just change my ways or be talked about again (and if you haven't guessed, this goes under the "do not respect" catagory)
So I change my ways. I am not saying they are big things just stuff like asking them out for coffee or calling an extra time or something like that. Not a big deal of expectations, but I have found that the same respect has not been paid to me in certain occasions. Yes, if I really think about it these same complainers have let me down. I don't really care, though, because I am not that high maintenance and I know in everyone's life things come and go, time comes and goes and sometimes we have more time than others. And that is okay.
I guess my lesson is that we don't know what is going on in someone else's life and if they don't call each and every week or they have to skip a couple of coffee dates, it is okay because I'd want the same respect if I flake out for some reason unbeknownst to another.
Now why did I wake up this morning thinking about this????
So I change my ways. I am not saying they are big things just stuff like asking them out for coffee or calling an extra time or something like that. Not a big deal of expectations, but I have found that the same respect has not been paid to me in certain occasions. Yes, if I really think about it these same complainers have let me down. I don't really care, though, because I am not that high maintenance and I know in everyone's life things come and go, time comes and goes and sometimes we have more time than others. And that is okay.
I guess my lesson is that we don't know what is going on in someone else's life and if they don't call each and every week or they have to skip a couple of coffee dates, it is okay because I'd want the same respect if I flake out for some reason unbeknownst to another.
Now why did I wake up this morning thinking about this????


2 Comments:
At 6:34 PM,
StephieAnne said…
It's me you're talking about right - I know, so don't even try to deny it or tell so and so to tell so and so, to not tell me! Ha-ha!!!! Good post, which is why that makes you so low maintenance, you understand the true essences of great friendship!
At 9:10 PM,
HollieHobbie said…
My Mom asked me why I woke up thinking about this. Maybe it is because I watched The Devil Wears Prada right before I fell asleep thus forcng me to dream about some high maintenance in my life.
Post a Comment
<< Home