getting to know the Christmas you
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog Lattes
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa lays stuff out around the stockings
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? One year I had colored, one year I had white, one year after 9/11 I had red, white and blue, then back to white, then colored, this year will be a little of all of the above focusing on colored because that is most interesting to the kids. Outside: I like red balls with hanging icicles, but we ran out of both when my husband put them on the deck, so this year may be white, if any: we need to hire out the putting up of lights since neither of us likes to be on the top of the roof.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Maybe a kissing ball; the kids'd get a kick out of that
5. When do you put your decorations up? First week of Decemberish since we didn't make the weekend after Thanksgiving deadline
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert). Seafood chowder on Christmas Eve. And Mom's sweet and sour meatballs
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas eve at our house in
Mapleton-everyone was there-and the Nutcracker was on TV. Also, I loved getting the tree from the back woods; we'd roast hotdogs and drink hot chocolate. Sometimes we'd have to wear snowshoes!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Probably about fourth grade and probably from school
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually me, but my kids
open their christmas pj's and maybe a toy or something
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? -with the kids-I just
let them do what they want-more fun that way
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love looking at it; I love watching the kids play in it and all their excitement, but I really am not prepared for snow ie: no snow clothes, boots etc. and sometimes I forget to take my coat out of the closet
12. Can you ice skate? Have you ever fallen on the ice? If ice skating is like riding a bike then yeah I guess I can skate. If it is proportionate to height and weight gain then on my butt I will be!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Baby Alive, but the new one scares me: kinda like a Chucky doll
14 What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The
food! No just kidding, being with my family and friends-so cliche,
but it's true. Oh and the Christmas shows like the Victorias Secret special
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Just one? Homemade chocolates. Egg Nog Cookies, yule log, fruitcake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Samaritans Purse. Christmas Eve pj's! Getting the tree. Advent Calendar. Advent wreath. Looking at lights. Christmas Eve party. Some of these are in the making for this year. I am still trying to work out the kinks.
17. What tops your tree? An angel. Have you heard how the angel got the honor of topping the tree?
Santa was in a very bad mood one Christmas Season, and a little angel came into his toy shop dragging a Christmas tree and said "Santa, where do you want me to put this?"..........
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? 'tis better to give than to receive, according to a Coed Naked t-shirt that I used to have
19. What are your favorite Christmas Songs? "Santa Baby" and "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" because I still believe that Santa is really Matthew McConaughey
20. Candy Canes? Hanging on trees.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog Lattes
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa lays stuff out around the stockings
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? One year I had colored, one year I had white, one year after 9/11 I had red, white and blue, then back to white, then colored, this year will be a little of all of the above focusing on colored because that is most interesting to the kids. Outside: I like red balls with hanging icicles, but we ran out of both when my husband put them on the deck, so this year may be white, if any: we need to hire out the putting up of lights since neither of us likes to be on the top of the roof.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Maybe a kissing ball; the kids'd get a kick out of that
5. When do you put your decorations up? First week of Decemberish since we didn't make the weekend after Thanksgiving deadline
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert). Seafood chowder on Christmas Eve. And Mom's sweet and sour meatballs
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas eve at our house in
Mapleton-everyone was there-and the Nutcracker was on TV. Also, I loved getting the tree from the back woods; we'd roast hotdogs and drink hot chocolate. Sometimes we'd have to wear snowshoes!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Probably about fourth grade and probably from school
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not usually me, but my kids
open their christmas pj's and maybe a toy or something
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? -with the kids-I just
let them do what they want-more fun that way
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love looking at it; I love watching the kids play in it and all their excitement, but I really am not prepared for snow ie: no snow clothes, boots etc. and sometimes I forget to take my coat out of the closet
12. Can you ice skate? Have you ever fallen on the ice? If ice skating is like riding a bike then yeah I guess I can skate. If it is proportionate to height and weight gain then on my butt I will be!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Baby Alive, but the new one scares me: kinda like a Chucky doll
14 What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The
food! No just kidding, being with my family and friends-so cliche,
but it's true. Oh and the Christmas shows like the Victorias Secret special
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Just one? Homemade chocolates. Egg Nog Cookies, yule log, fruitcake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Samaritans Purse. Christmas Eve pj's! Getting the tree. Advent Calendar. Advent wreath. Looking at lights. Christmas Eve party. Some of these are in the making for this year. I am still trying to work out the kinks.
17. What tops your tree? An angel. Have you heard how the angel got the honor of topping the tree?
Santa was in a very bad mood one Christmas Season, and a little angel came into his toy shop dragging a Christmas tree and said "Santa, where do you want me to put this?"..........
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? 'tis better to give than to receive, according to a Coed Naked t-shirt that I used to have
19. What are your favorite Christmas Songs? "Santa Baby" and "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" because I still believe that Santa is really Matthew McConaughey
20. Candy Canes? Hanging on trees.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!


3 Comments:
At 7:05 PM,
StephieAnne said…
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Cocoa with lots of whip cream
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? The elves wrap
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes at Sunriver
5. When do you put your decorations up? Week before Thanksgiving
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert). Raspberry pretzel salad, Honey Baked ham
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: too many to count
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Dad spilled the beans (too soon)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We haven't yet established that tradition, but we might....
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? 2 trees, one with family ornaments, the other a country look
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!!!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but it's been a while
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Our lemon yellow twin bedroom set
14 What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? All of it
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? All of the cookies and toffee
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? See my blog - perhaps Countdown Santa as that covers nearly all of it
17. What tops your tree? An angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? giving, but I love presents too
19. What are your favorite Christmas Songs? Nostalgic Favorites
20. Candy Canes? Mixed in a chocolate chip blizzard....
At 8:09 AM,
Brown eyed girl said…
Oh my, laughing again, soo calling Zach and telling him how the Angel got its place on top the tree!
At 11:19 AM,
Elizabeth Coleman said…
reply to #19: i think i still have the tee... do you still have the handbag???
Post a Comment
<< Home