So far the week is short but the learning huge
On Sunday our pastor spoke on "Get A Life". A life for eternity, a life not consumed by this Earth. Questions asked were "What could you give up?" What could you let go of?" A friend once said (paraphrasing) that our children are on loan to us and we must be able to let them go if God so chooses. I, ashamedly, have never been able to buy into that thought. I have come in contact with a few people who have been able to do that. They don't cry while talking of losing their child. I sure as hell do while listening.
Tonight I went to a scrapbooking class of "How To Get Started". I recognized a little girl from Emma's dance class and said "are you taking up scrapbooking?" As the class went on I found out that she and her Mom were there so her Mom could make a tribute book for her baby brother who died last summer at the little age of 23 months. I don't know how he died, but I remember when he broke his leg last Spring and I gave him a smile and the little " ooohhh poor baby boy" and asked his Mom how he was doing. And now the 2nd time I talk to his Mom I find out he isn't with us anymore.
What did I do when I got home? I hugged my kids. I looked at my sleeping son and just thanked God for them. I confessed such sin of my tiredness and irritability and asked for forgiveness.
The things consuming my mind today of: simplicity vs. over-consumption, books not yet read, PTA, weight loss, designer handbags, it all just seems so trivial when thinking of the Mom who would give it all up just to have a bit more time with her baby.
So in light of all that I have learned this week this is what I need to remember ( a song that ironically played on KLOV on my way home from the class):
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine
[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine
[Chorus]
I can only imagine [x2]
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
MercyMe
Tonight I went to a scrapbooking class of "How To Get Started". I recognized a little girl from Emma's dance class and said "are you taking up scrapbooking?" As the class went on I found out that she and her Mom were there so her Mom could make a tribute book for her baby brother who died last summer at the little age of 23 months. I don't know how he died, but I remember when he broke his leg last Spring and I gave him a smile and the little " ooohhh poor baby boy" and asked his Mom how he was doing. And now the 2nd time I talk to his Mom I find out he isn't with us anymore.
What did I do when I got home? I hugged my kids. I looked at my sleeping son and just thanked God for them. I confessed such sin of my tiredness and irritability and asked for forgiveness.
The things consuming my mind today of: simplicity vs. over-consumption, books not yet read, PTA, weight loss, designer handbags, it all just seems so trivial when thinking of the Mom who would give it all up just to have a bit more time with her baby.
So in light of all that I have learned this week this is what I need to remember ( a song that ironically played on KLOV on my way home from the class):
I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine
[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine
[Chorus]
I can only imagine [x2]
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
MercyMe


2 Comments:
At 6:29 AM,
StephieAnne said…
Awesome post Hollie - so true! Have you been reading the drama going on with Jodi's blog-friend, Darlene? Link to her site "A Walk in My Shoes" from Jodi's blog - I've been checking in at least twice a day awaiting better news each day, as her 24 year old son was in a terrible car accident over 3 weeks ago.
At 10:44 AM,
AMY said…
What sweet words, and just a great reminder that life on earth is so short. You seem to share great little pockets of wisdom that encourage me to be a better momma.
Post a Comment
<< Home