So much to say, so little time
* What I learned during this Christmas season:
No matter how organized I think I am in August for the upcoming Holidays, I still have lots that I procrastinate, leave until the last minute, or just not do at all.
Online shopping is sooooo awesome!
I love spendng all day, Christmas day with my family in our new Christmas jammies
Planning pizza for Christmas Dinner really is the way to go.
* Happy New Years!
My word for 2006 was Priorities and having that always looming with me helped me say No, helped me to realize what was important or what needed to be important. In 2007 I am not forgetting my word-friend, I am just going to add a companion and hopefully together they can help me create a phenomenal family for 2007, so that word is...drum roll...tipped up champagne flute....Organization.
Even though some of you are like "whoo hoo, boring!", it is sooo farfetched for me. Organization is one thing that Martha Stewart and I do not have in common. You know all those books she puts out, like filling a whole book by elaborating on the little articles that she puts in her magazines, (and they get sold at Costco)? Well, I always purposely overlook the "Good Things for Organization", but not anymore. By the end of 2007 we will have space in our garage for our cars; a donation slip to Goodwill that on our 2007 deductions will equal as much as a kid; storage, storage and more storage, making the Mormons proud; and I'll have studied on the subject to the point that I will want to become a professional organizer (did you know that there is such a job?)
I will take any and all advice on how to organize: time, closets, calendars, kids schedules, vacations, packing, exercising....and the list goes on.
But in the meantime I'll make a latte, go search MySpace and watch a tivo'd episode of Grey's Anatomy.
Happy New Year!
No matter how organized I think I am in August for the upcoming Holidays, I still have lots that I procrastinate, leave until the last minute, or just not do at all.
Online shopping is sooooo awesome!
I love spendng all day, Christmas day with my family in our new Christmas jammies
Planning pizza for Christmas Dinner really is the way to go.
* Happy New Years!
My word for 2006 was Priorities and having that always looming with me helped me say No, helped me to realize what was important or what needed to be important. In 2007 I am not forgetting my word-friend, I am just going to add a companion and hopefully together they can help me create a phenomenal family for 2007, so that word is...drum roll...tipped up champagne flute....Organization.
Even though some of you are like "whoo hoo, boring!", it is sooo farfetched for me. Organization is one thing that Martha Stewart and I do not have in common. You know all those books she puts out, like filling a whole book by elaborating on the little articles that she puts in her magazines, (and they get sold at Costco)? Well, I always purposely overlook the "Good Things for Organization", but not anymore. By the end of 2007 we will have space in our garage for our cars; a donation slip to Goodwill that on our 2007 deductions will equal as much as a kid; storage, storage and more storage, making the Mormons proud; and I'll have studied on the subject to the point that I will want to become a professional organizer (did you know that there is such a job?)
I will take any and all advice on how to organize: time, closets, calendars, kids schedules, vacations, packing, exercising....and the list goes on.
But in the meantime I'll make a latte, go search MySpace and watch a tivo'd episode of Grey's Anatomy.
Happy New Year!


3 Comments:
At 3:34 PM,
AMY said…
Hello Hollie! Way to go! Maybe I'll live vicariously through you in the whole organization area! Let us know what kinds of things you find work and what doesn't. I'm always looking for different ways to keep my house in order.
At 10:27 PM,
StephieAnne said…
I bought the vacuum storage bags at Home Depot today - that will save us 66 percent more space.
Seriously, every cabinet, corner and closet in this house could use an overhaul..... I feel like I know how to make it happen, but just dread doing it. Like I said before, slowly but surely!
P.S. - Up until both of my grandparents died, Pietro's Pizza was our staple every Christmas Eve.....
At 10:52 AM,
michelle said…
I love this "pick a word, not a resolution" idea. I thought about picking one for this year, but I haven't yet. Maybe that means it'll be "procrastination". I'm with you on organization though...but I think for now I'm just going to accept it as a by-product of having three kids (yeah, sounds like its "procrastination").
Post a Comment
<< Home