Stuff I Love

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thou Shalt Not Whine

"There is way too much complaining in the world" Will Bowen (People: March 12, 2007; AComplaintFreeWorld.org)

I joined a Bible study/Book Club last night. Right now we are studying the book "How to Have a Mary Heart in a Martha World" Shout out to my pals who I previously did this book with!

The fascilitator found an article in a current People magazine where a pastor gave his congregation the challenge to stop complaining and look on the brighter side for 21 days; the length of time it takes to break or start a habit. They wear purple bracelets, and when they complain change from current wrist to the other and start the 21 days over.
She gave us the challenge. We all have purple bracelets; mine is currently on my right wrist where it began last night...yay!
I told my sister today that there will be days that I just don't do any talking! But this seems like a pretty cool challenge and will help me to look on the brighter side of life, to make lemonade out of lemons, to look on the rosy side, to see the glass half full. I think I do that quite a bit anyways, but how cool to recognize if when I do complain how it can affect those around me.
Anyways, not only will I have my new friends as accountability, but I'll keep you all posted too on my progress!
ps: maybe I won't start that diet until three weeks from now......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home