Stuff I Love

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Some Quotes I Heard from Beth Moore This Weekend

* The power of memorizing scripture helps to alleviate the fearful thoughts, critical thoughts, and pessimistic thoughts.

* We do not know full restoration until laughter is returned to us

* Practice prosperous presence of God

* In the enemy's mind he wants us to say "I'm Done; I will never recover"

* If we, as grown-up women, have to have friends just like us, then we are immature, so jr-high

* "If a person has enough money to buy a book and the education to read it, they are the priviledged of the world" she quoted Philip Yancey from Soul Survivor

* God will not be affected by culture; we cannot get God on the Instant Gratification track.

* Don't think of marrying until you deal with your stuff with God. If we do not seek holiness, we will marry out of unhealth and not health. If you go into marriage without health, baggage attracts baggage even if it is a brown sack vs. a Gucci bag, it is still baggage.

* We have heard hundreds of sermons on forgiveness and we have cried and felt convicted, but have we actually forgiven?

* Who is it that has hooked you/ who is it that you believe has put destruction in your life? Pray for them!

* A Stronghold: any mental preoccupation that is not of God ie: bitterness, addiction, etc.

* If God is up to something hard, He is up to something huge.

* If you sow the seed if the Lord during your season of tears, you will come out reaping the Harvest of Joy.

* Seek God with everything we have

You can take these for what they are worth, but I just wanted to share.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger LiteraryGirl said…

    Those are great. Where did you hear them? I really related to a couple of them...

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger StephieAnne said…

    Excellent quotes. Now I'll be returning to your post everyday just to remind myself of their truths! (Just kidding, your blog is in my favorites...) I'll be watching Beth Moore on DVD tomorrow - I'll try and absorb as many quotes as you.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger AMY said…

    Did you hear her live or on Memorex? I've really enjoyed her study on the Fruit of the Spirit.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger HollieHobbie said…

    Our church had a live simulcast straight from NYC! It was a fun women's event. What is Memorex?

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger AMY said…

    Okay, you should know what memorex is. Don't you remember those commercials from the 80's? "Is it live or is it Memorex?" It was the sales campaign for memorex cassette tapes or vhs. I used to have a red t-shirt that had that quote on it.

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger HollieHobbie said…

    haha! I remember. haha. Now you have me thinking about the '80s.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home