Disney World: The Happiest Celebration on Earth
So last year I think it was "Celebrating Disneyland's 50th" and I felt like I was really missing something, but when I realized they called this year "The Happiest Celebration on Earth" and it is pretty much the same stuff we saw a couple of years ago, I now know that I don't need to go each year they give it a different title. Good Marketing though!
All that to say: we had an amazing time. We loved our hotel, loved the people, loved the R&R, (although, Christy did point out how funny it is that I like to go somewhere that I can keep busy and she likes to go somewhere to truly relax because our home lives are so opposite that Good observation, Christy!)
It was cold at times, rainy at times, but we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge where there was always something to do.
And we ate our way through Disney. Oh the food is totally what we (I) look forward to. My sister introduced us to Jiko's, and I had a filet mignon served over a bed of Mac and cheese! yup, mac and cheese. Amazing! We had a brunch at Boma's, where Emma decided to get an omelet, so without asking for our help she got up from the table, went to the omelet station, and asked hot Chef Eddie for help. Later on, I had just gotten done telling my sister how I couldn't order my omelet from a certain chef up there because he was too cute and I was getting a bit verclempt, then there he was at our table! to ask Emma how her omelet was and he ended up telling us Emma's omelet adventure. She turned shy and wouldn't talk to him but Krista and I did.....;) Pete was right there, laughing at us.
I told that because I was proud of Emma for eeing something she wanted and not being shy in asking for help.
Plus, it was a food story......
Oh we had a Breakfast with Pooh Bear. Of course, it is sooo cute to watch the little ones enamored with the characters. And when Emma asked how Mickey Mouse could be here at DW and also at Disneyland, I acted like I ignored her because answering that would only bring up questions of the tooth fairy, Santa etc and I want to hold on to that magic.
So the breakfast with Pooh was with my parents and sooo fun! It was nice that they could be there to watch the girls get autographs, have their pictures taken, and do the Pooh Bear parade. The chocolate croissants were my favorite!
We love eating at Epcot. The fish and chips from Britain are my personal favorite. And the margs at Mexico were pretty amazing too.
So rides: the girls both love Splash Mountain and they even got Gramma and Bapa on it. They both even liked Tower of Terror and are still talking about it. Emma had fun on Expedition Everest, a brand new ride at Animal Kingdom. We were one of the first couple hundred people to ride it, as it had just opened during the extra magic hours.
We had fun with the Buzz Lightyear ride. It makes you feel like you are in the middle of a video game. My Mom kicked butt with over 300,000 points!
We went at a good time of year. It was a bit chilly but the lines were not long at all, and that is what I like.
All in all I give this vaca an A+.
All that to say: we had an amazing time. We loved our hotel, loved the people, loved the R&R, (although, Christy did point out how funny it is that I like to go somewhere that I can keep busy and she likes to go somewhere to truly relax because our home lives are so opposite that Good observation, Christy!)
It was cold at times, rainy at times, but we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge where there was always something to do.
And we ate our way through Disney. Oh the food is totally what we (I) look forward to. My sister introduced us to Jiko's, and I had a filet mignon served over a bed of Mac and cheese! yup, mac and cheese. Amazing! We had a brunch at Boma's, where Emma decided to get an omelet, so without asking for our help she got up from the table, went to the omelet station, and asked hot Chef Eddie for help. Later on, I had just gotten done telling my sister how I couldn't order my omelet from a certain chef up there because he was too cute and I was getting a bit verclempt, then there he was at our table! to ask Emma how her omelet was and he ended up telling us Emma's omelet adventure. She turned shy and wouldn't talk to him but Krista and I did.....;) Pete was right there, laughing at us.
I told that because I was proud of Emma for eeing something she wanted and not being shy in asking for help.
Plus, it was a food story......
Oh we had a Breakfast with Pooh Bear. Of course, it is sooo cute to watch the little ones enamored with the characters. And when Emma asked how Mickey Mouse could be here at DW and also at Disneyland, I acted like I ignored her because answering that would only bring up questions of the tooth fairy, Santa etc and I want to hold on to that magic.
So the breakfast with Pooh was with my parents and sooo fun! It was nice that they could be there to watch the girls get autographs, have their pictures taken, and do the Pooh Bear parade. The chocolate croissants were my favorite!
We love eating at Epcot. The fish and chips from Britain are my personal favorite. And the margs at Mexico were pretty amazing too.
So rides: the girls both love Splash Mountain and they even got Gramma and Bapa on it. They both even liked Tower of Terror and are still talking about it. Emma had fun on Expedition Everest, a brand new ride at Animal Kingdom. We were one of the first couple hundred people to ride it, as it had just opened during the extra magic hours.
We had fun with the Buzz Lightyear ride. It makes you feel like you are in the middle of a video game. My Mom kicked butt with over 300,000 points!
We went at a good time of year. It was a bit chilly but the lines were not long at all, and that is what I like.
All in all I give this vaca an A+.


1 Comments:
At 6:09 PM,
StephieAnne said…
Sounds like so much fun, Hollie. I'm so happy for you to have had such a great time with all of your family. Makes me look forward to my next Disney adventure, whenever it may be....
Post a Comment
<< Home