It's Operation Christmas Child time again
Yesterday was the beginning of our Christmas traditions. This one we have had for six years. Operation Christmas Child is sponsored by Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse. The girls had such a great time picking things out for "their girls". M would say "I think my girl will like this" and Em would say "This is good for a 7 to 9 year old" And I had a great teaching moment by encouraging the girls to look outside of their small world of toys and candy, clean water and dinner whenever they wish.
So segue to a tradition that I cannot wait to begin, thanks to Jodi, Steph and Amy for sharing their Advent Wreaths with us last year. I am already looking for a gold charger to put my wreath on to make it mobile (thanks, Steph!) So what devotion books did you guys use? I know, Steph, you mentioned a good one last year.
I am also looking forward to filling our Advent Calendar. We got it before last Christmas, but last year I was a bit tired to think of 25 days of treats. Anyways, the "calendar" is from LLBean and is shaped like a cozy Christmas house and has 24 (or 25?) compartmants for little treats. Maybe I'll fill them with truffles for myself....haha
Have you guys been looking forward to a new or established family tradition for the holidays?
So segue to a tradition that I cannot wait to begin, thanks to Jodi, Steph and Amy for sharing their Advent Wreaths with us last year. I am already looking for a gold charger to put my wreath on to make it mobile (thanks, Steph!) So what devotion books did you guys use? I know, Steph, you mentioned a good one last year.
I am also looking forward to filling our Advent Calendar. We got it before last Christmas, but last year I was a bit tired to think of 25 days of treats. Anyways, the "calendar" is from LLBean and is shaped like a cozy Christmas house and has 24 (or 25?) compartmants for little treats. Maybe I'll fill them with truffles for myself....haha
Have you guys been looking forward to a new or established family tradition for the holidays?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home